Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Another cup of tea?

Londoners really do drink a lot of tea. Which only begins to be a problem when you don't have a British Bladder, and have to catch the tube everywhere. Over my travels I have become increasingly aware of how bad the Adelaide Metro system is, and the London public transport makes this super clear. All you need is a multicoloured tube map and you are on your way to discovering the massive city.

I have been here 5 days (4 if you don't count one spent sick in bed) and I feel like I have only just scratched the surface. I have caught a ferry up the Thames all the way east to Grenwich, which would have been beautiful, if not for the dreary British summer weather. Have taken the tube out west to Richmond and zipped around in a red mini with a childhood television star (who happens to be a second cousin) passed Mick Jagger's house, Pete Townshend's house and various deer and squirrels. I have walked across the heath and had Sunday morning breakfast in Hampstead; been shopping along Oxford Circus and seen some of the major attractions and monuments.
Yet, I feel as though I need another week to see all London has to offer; Notting hill, Camden Markets, Portobello Road, the Churchill war rooms, Brick Lane, the London eye, Abbey Rd just to name a few. Needless to say, I will be coming back to London in the near future.

I have found Londoners to be the most helpful people and I have been taking full advantage of being in my first English speaking country, asking questions at every opportunity. They also happen to have particularly cute children, and dress very well, especially the teenage boys.

Tomorrow I head up to Edinburgh for the Fringe festival, then Cardiff and Bath.

Adios Amigos
Sarah
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment