Friday, August 19, 2011

Chorus of Coughs

Last night was the end of the Topdeck tour and I am already missing it! I met so many cool people and saw so many amazing places. Even if everyone was sick and coughing like they had the black lung.
From our tour of Auswitch we moved on towards Prague for a slightly less depressing evening.
After an unwanted encounter with Czech authorities for apparently invalid metro tickets, the group headed into town to party. We headed to the famous 5 story club and spent most of the time breaking it down to golden oldies before attempting to find a taxi home as dawn broke over Prague. Two hours of sleep later, we somehow managed to get out of bed and wander the beautiful city before dinner and a quiet night.

On Sunday we drove to Berlin with a stop in Dresden. Because the city had been flattened in W
WII, it is a gorgeous mix between modern and reconstructed old buildings. We arrived in Berlin to a hostel that had no light globes, but bunny rabbits in the garden; which is clearly a fair trade. Monday was spent exploring Berlin, going to the National Museum and taking a walking tour of the famous sights. It is incredible how rich in history the city is, and how recent all of the events took place. The night was full of white t-shirts, permanent markers, free drinks and loud music.

Moving on to Amsterdam, a gorgeous city where no two buildings are the same and where I have never seen so many bikes in my life! We did a bike tour, visited the Van Gough Museum, got lost several times and generally experienced the local culture. It was the last dinner together as the Topdeck group so as usual, we all went out again to celebrate.
From Amsterdam we had an early start, stopped in Brugge, Belgium, to stock up on the best chocolate in the world, and caught the ferry to England.

I arrived in London to meet my mums cousin and a warm bed, so much better than the hostel beds! Unfortunately, I spent most of today in bed nursing my cough and head cold, but I managed to get out for an hour or two.

I am currently sipping on ginger tea with honey in an attempt to cure my cough.
I can't wait until I am back to full health!

Until Then
Sarah
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment